- Tina Ambani was born in Mumbai in a Gujrati speaking family.
- She used to live in Bhuleshaw with her family.
- In the early 1980s her sister, Bhavna Munim was the model for Johnson & Johnson body lotion.
- Karan Shah, her nephew acted in a few films in the mid-1980s.
- In 1975, Tina Ambani attended Miss Teenage International Content and crowned 2nd runner up. She also won the Miss Bikini Award and Miss Photogenic Award.
- Her debut film was Des Pardes in 1978. This film was directed by Dev Anand and in his next two films Lootmar & Man Pasand he also cast Tina Ambani.
- She was also cast opposite to Sanjay Dutt in his debut film-Rocky.
- Tina Ambani also acted in several films with Rajesh Khanna.
- Adhikar is the film that her performance was the best in her film career.
- Tina Ambani is the only Bollywood actress to act to all the sons of Raj Kapoor— Randhir Kapoor (Harjaee, Pukar), Rishi Kapoor (Karz and 5 others), and Rajeev Kapoor (Aasmaan)
- Her last film was Jigarwala(1991)
- She is the Chairperson of Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital & Medical Research Institute, which is one of the best hospitals in Mumbai. National Geographic Channel made a documentary on this hospital in 2014.